Monday, January 3, 2011

oh what a year

Last night I was laying in bed just thinking about life and where mine is headed. Of course thinking of life I did a little reviewing of what my last year was like. Mostly it was filled with the love of my life Curtis. Seeing that my closest friends read this you all probably know him and have read the multiple blog posts that have been centered around him. There have been days where Curt and I have studied hard, played hard, and worked hard together. 2010 is now over and its strange contemplating what is next for me.

I graduated, I did it which means no more schooling; no more all nighters writing a paper that feels like will never come together. No more 2nd floor lib computer lab. No more waking up at 6:30 for my early morning classes to find zero parking at the U. No more checking webct just in case my teacher posted something new. No more walking past the construction zone business circle. No more free newspapers from OSH. No more longing for fall/winter/spring/summer break. No more school no more school...I miss it already!!!

Now I have my degree, and its time to say goodbye to my college job. Jones Waldo: my everyday consistent friend for the past 3 years. I love working here, great hours, great boss, great amounts of time off if wanted, and the best co-workers! It will be hard to say farewell to this place, but a new job is the game plan! (hopefully by April)

I am so thankful for the lessons I learned and the people that influenced my life. There were key people that I will never forget and will love for a long time.
Kendal we have gone through everything, we know everything about each other and know how life can be sometimes. The lovely daily chat at the desk are times that get me through the day (even if Jaron will stop and pretend he has something to tell us..even though its just his way of saying KATIE GO DOWNSTAIRS!) Our looks of pure understanding when we are about to burst into tears. I love you and love that you know exactly who I am. I'm so glad you are my best friend, cousin, and work pal!
Des wow! Thank you for just about everything! Loved becoming such great friends, being there for each other when certain boys were confusing and our over analyzing selves were acting crazy! Oh Faune! From nothing to sisters! still crossing my fingers!
And to Curtis. He will never read this, but thank you for being you. Thank you for being the love of my life. Thank you for all our days together! You are always an example of who I want to become. You have changed my life and I have loved loving you.

I am not saying goodbye to; 2010, school, and work. I am just beginning to say hello to 2011, for new opportunities and an unexpected everything. I loved 2010 and the comfort I had in knowing how it was all going to work. It was how my life has been for the last 6 years and it was what I was used to. There were a million trials that I didn't know existed and a million times I couldn't believe my life could be so happy! It was a year that I loved and will miss.

3 comments:

  1. ummmm i just cried i love you katie baby you are my everything...... and lets not talk about you leaving in April okay it just makes me cry even more- thinking of life without you in it every single day isn't a life that i want to get to know and i am not quite sure i even know how to do it i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are great. Brian and I are so proud of what you have done and are so excited for what is yet to come. Thanks for always making me feel loved and a part of the family from day 1. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how much I love shout outs! Kate- i'm so happy that our relationship ...blossomed? almost overnight! You are a blessing in my life! bestie love!

    ReplyDelete